Thursday, October 6, 2011

{ What I Love Wednesday - Balloons! }

So, today I learned something, that I think the rest of you have known for ages, but it never clicked in my head! And it has to do with  balloons! So we are having a party tonight for some friend's birthdays, and I bought a bag of red balloons, and I asked my husband to blow them up for me ( with his mouth). When he got some done, I tied yarn to them, and was expecting them to FLY! You know, like  stand up, look perky, and well, I had visions of walking into these people's house, with my bundle of balloons flying over my shoulder, and I was like " why don't they fly,?" My dear husband looks at me like I am crazy, and then he enlightens me to the fact that they are not filled with helium, therefore they are not going to FLY! Oh, that was a real bummer!!!  So I learned something new today, if you want balloons to stand up and fly, you need HELIUM!



lollipops

3 comments:

  1. haha! helium. too funny. i love all your flying balloon pics though. they make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just like you, Sister!

    Ha ha, yeah, I learned that lesson several years ago. But I never think about it much. We grew up weird, huh?! :- ) Love this post so much! :-0

    ~Sister :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile :)

    I have just found your blog and have really enjoyed reading. I'll be back!

    Nice to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete